Competitor Running, the trusted source for every runner, is searching for a dynamic and innovative Digital Editor. This is an exciting opportunity for a team player with a passion for running and a background in digital media to join our team.
The Digital Editor is responsible for spearheading all digital efforts on Competitor.com and its accompanying social media platforms. This includes content production and working with freelancers, posting on social media, publishing newsletters, improving site SEO and managing the online editorial calendar. Together with the brand’s editorial team, the Digital Editor will work to create, update and meet monthly traffic goals. We are looking for a motivated team player with a passion for running and fitness and a desire to be an integral part of a fast-growing brand that is always looking to innovate and drive next-level content. This position reports directly to the Editor-in-Chief of Competitor Running.
***This is a full-time, in-house position based in our San Diego, CA office. No remote option is available.***
- Manage online editorial calendar.
- Format and publish daily content to Competitor.com.
- Maintain social media schedule and create relevant post copy across all platforms.
- Publish newsletters.
- Coordinate with contributing freelancers, including topic approvals, article submissions, edits and payments.
- Exercise journalism skills, including writing, reporting and interviewing.
- Work with others to plan and execute changes to the website and newsletters.
- Follow analytics for website, social media and newsletters.
- Manage content sharing program with other media sites and/or partners.
- Collaborate with other departments on sponsored content creation and online execution.
- Follow the running and fitness industry, including relevant bloggers.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment with regard to matters of significance.
- Exhibit ease and professionalism when interacting with industry influencers and professional athletes.
- Excel in working closely with others, including other editors.
- Feel comfortable with tight deadlines around trending topics and keep a close eye on emerging trends within running, health and fitness.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in journalism or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2–3 years of experience in similar role.
- Extensive writing/reporting/publishing experience in digital media. Ability to write clean copy in a fast-paced culture.
- Strong grammar, punctuation, style and spelling skills.
- Familiar with social media best practices and outlets like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Experience working in WordPress.
- Familiarity with SEO practices.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics.
To apply for this job please send a cover letter and resume to Rebecca Warren at email@example.com