Account Manager: Pocket Outdoor Media, LLC – Boulder, CO
Pocket Outdoor Media, LLC (POM) owns and operates the world’s leading endurance sports media and publishing brands, including: VeloNews, Triathlete, Women’s Running, Competitor.com and VeloPress. Collectively, our brands engage and influence more than seven million endurance athletes every month. The company is based in Boulder, Colorado and has an office in San Diego, California. This position will play an integral role in the growth of our six leading outdoor brands and be relied upon heavily by the entire organization and our clients.
As an Account Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to foster client relationships and determine optimal strategies to continue to grow the business. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, Group Publisher, the Account Manager will play a crucial role in ensuring that our clients perceive our brands as top-notch and an indispensable partner in the success of their business. Qualified candidates will have excellent organizational skills, be detail-oriented, highly productive and driven by the desire to help drive meaningful results for POM’s client-partners.
What You’ll Do
- Under the guidance of the Sr. Marketing Manager, you’ll shift seamlessly between pre-sale and post-sale account management for all POM’s clients.
- Participate in client strategy meetings, coordinate internal ideation meetings, delegate necessary tasks, and manage all incoming client requests.
- Oversee pre-sale process communicating with marketing and editorial, ensuring all client needs/objectives are properly met.
- Plan and develop integrated media campaigns in response to client proposal requests.
- Work with sales, marketing, and editorial teams to develop and produce all client-facing sales collateral materials including: proposals, sell sheets, media kits, rate cards, material specifications and general presentations.
- Work as the primary liaison between clients and internal teams.
- Proactively manage materials and asset collection of all digital, social and print assets from clients.
- Handle asset delivery and communication to all appropriate digital ad ops, digital production and print production teams.
- Monitor, track, and analyze campaigns to ensure full delivery with ad-ops team.
- Provide monthly campaign metrics as well as annual client reviews.
- Work with sales, marketing and editorial to develop and produce annual audience surveys on demographics, psychographics, training habits, purchasing preferences, intent-to-buy, etc.
- Coordinate with Audience Development team to ensure B2B, email, and Facebook strategies to grow the business.
- Proactively seek opportunities for clients, create new learning material, and present new opportunities to sales team.
- Assist with marketing activations for partnership events and trade shows, including Ironman USA events, Ironman Hawaii, Toughman, Escape Triathlon Series, and The Running Event.
- Assist with marketing activations for events and trade shows we’ll be attending including Giro d’Italia, Tour de France, Sea Otter Classic, Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon, Boston Marathon, New York City Marathon, Outdoor Retailer, Triathlon Business International, InterBike, and Eurobike.
- Attend select events (see above) to lead on-site activations.
- Assist VeloSwap Manager with the following: coordinating vendor relationships, evaluating venue, securing venue, developing marketing materials, overseeing and updating website, promoting the event, conducting interviews about the event with local media, soliciting exhibitors to attend, soliciting sponsors, activating sponsorships, managing day-of logistics, and coordinating volunteer staff.
- Assist virtual race activations.
Camps & Workshops
- Assist with developing a camps and workshops initiative for all POM brands.
What You’ll Need to Succeed in this Role
- Passion for and knowledge of endurance sports
- Integrated media background
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Service-minded orientation with a client-first ethos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with solid presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently from start to finish
- Focused self-starter who takes initiative and proactively seeks answers and solutions
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience with CRM, Salesforce, Datatrax, Double Click, Google Analytics, Excel and PowerPoint
- Occasional travel required to see clients, attend events and trade shows
We’re looking for talented people with an entrepreneurial drive and spirit. If you want to take your passion for business and endurance sports to the highest level (and have a lot of fun doing it) then POM may be the perfect fit for you.
The company offers a strong benefits package and a salary commensurate with background and experience. If you’re qualified and interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Rob Wood, Chief Revenue Officer, Group Publisher firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.