Pocket Outdoor Media, LLC (POM) owns and operates the world’s leading endurance sports media brands, including VeloNews, Triathlete, Women’s Running, Competitor.com and VeloPress. Collectively, our titles engage and influence more than seven million endurance athletes every month. The company is based in Boulder, Colorado and has an office in San Diego, California. This position plays an integral role in the growth of our six leading outdoor brands and will be relied upon heavily by the entire organization and our clients.
As a Circulation Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to grow and manage the operations of print circulation for three publications: VeloNews, Triathlete and Women’s Running. The Circulation Manager oversees all marketing and fulfillment of the magazine’s paid subscriber base, newsstand, and sponsorship distribution. This individual has responsibility for all circulation functions for all publications
- Maintain CVC audit compliance and documentation.
- Maintain postal permit and compliance documentation.
- Work with newsstand distributor to grow newsstand sales.
- Create and manage budget for circulation department
- Develop and implement promotions (i.e. direct-mail campaigns, email & social marketing, insert cards, space trades, website ads, etc.) to increase POM paid subscribers and analyze the results to then develop or modify marketing strategies.
- Fine tune POM subscription complimentary database to ensure the right people are on the list.
- Develop and test new methods of increasing renewal rates to recapture expires/lost subscribers and analyze the results to then develop or modify marketing strategies.
- Transmit new non-website subscriber info from events, call-ins, comps, etc. to Palm Coast Data, and manage related fulfillment.
- Manage total fulfillment for POM magazines, including entering of new orders and running bills/renewals.
- Manage printing and mailing of POM magazine bills/renewals.
- Build, maintain and manage all lists, including vendor and professional contacts and databases for both editorial and advertising. (Example: gathering, de-duping and merging older data provided by account executives).
- Digitize the subscription renewal process. Ensure we are collecting valid email addresses for 90% of subscribers.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in circulation and/or subscriber fulfillment
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to resolve customer problems and complaints in an effective and professional manner
- Strong budgeting skills
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to prioritize objectives and simultaneous demands
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong self-motivation with a proactive, teamwork attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in circulation management systems, MS Office products (especially MS Excel) and other related databases and web-based applications
- Strong database marketing orientation
- Team player with ability to work well with other departments (ad sales, editorial, digital & events) to evangelize the circulation department’s initiatives
- Ability to initiate, develop, implement, and manage promotional campaigns
- Strategic thinker with experience in promotional analysis and the ability to develop appropriate strategies delivering both short-term and long-term objectives
- Experience in direct response marketing for paid subscriptions or membership a plus
- Knowledge of digital and social media marketing
We’re looking for talented people with an entrepreneurial drive and spirit. If you want to take your passion for business and endurance sports to the highest level (and have a lot of fun doing it) then POM may be the perfect fit for you.
The company offers a strong benefits package and a salary commensurate with background and experience. If you’re qualified and interested, please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.